From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kenneth Wilson
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 1:14 AM
To: Ray Jones; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] correct restorations vs restomods

Kevin/Group;
I also was there (my first at the Mopars At The Strip) and enjoyed the
car show (worked all day Wed laying out the show lot -helping Steve
Hinkley the car show chairman) and the 4 days of drags (my first time
viewing drags). Should point out there were some original restored
cars. There was one 300- a black 1962 300 sport hdt., in the Modified
Class, sporting cross rams, H hubcaps, disc brakes, and maybe a few
hidden mods, but otherwise a very nice original looking 300. The owner
regularly drives the car.

Ken Wilson
300H

Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Chrysler300%40yahoogroups.com>

Ray Jones wrote:

>Kevin;
>It all depends on point of view. Those cars you saw were owned by
>people who just want a neat, but different car. They have no interest
>in restoring, just want to add whatever is trendy and special to their
>cars. Whatever gives it that "Wow" power in the eyes of their
>contemporaries.
>
>Most of us on this list-server, while able to admire those kind of
>cars, prefer to "Restore" our cars to what they were new. Most may not
>look down on "Restros", but feel it's a shame to waste the few good
>cars left that way. They made millions of brand-x's, so there's plenty
>where they came from, ours are in limited numbers. Of course, if it's a
>4 door.....
>That's our point of view. Some of us like to do subtle mods like
>Electric Fuel Pumps, Disc Brakes or even 4 wheel Discs, and some engine
>mods, while maintaining the overall appearance of being original.
>
>Ray
>
>On Apr 2, 2008, at 9:34 PM, kevin adams wrote:
>
>Hey gang< Got a question that I am sure has been
> knocked about. I just left the MOPARS AT THE STRIP in
> Las Vegas this past weekend . Had a ball and had an
> opportunity to observe some happenings and what seems
> to be the prevailing winds blowing thru the mopar
> camp. I see a trend to Upgrade, To Modify, To use
> other than ,hard won,junkyard gathered, friend-club
> procured parts for our Mopars. I found this quite
> refreshing inlight of our brand -X step cousins
> racking up tons of cudos for creatively done cars
> while we as mopar group struggle to make the grade in
> a car wourld that is only now is supporting the
> chrysler hobby. It was a great thing to observe and
> the after market is doing a good job but it is not of
> the "correct restoration in a big sense. Please oyur
> feedback is important! sound off on your opinion on
> corrct or how much restify is ok with you. Kevin,
> 300k, 300g , 300sport ,

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Chrysler300%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm <http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm>
>
>For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo <http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo> ! Groups Links