Re: [Chrysler300] correct restorations vs restomods

Re: [Chrysler300] correct restorations vs restomods

Kevin;
It all depends on point of view. Those cars you saw were owned by
people who just want a neat, but different car. They have no interest
in restoring, just want to add whatever is trendy and special to their
cars. Whatever gives it that "Wow" power in the eyes of their
contemporaries.

Most of us on this list-server, while able to admire those kind of
cars, prefer to "Restore" our cars to what they were new. Most may not
look down on "Restros", but feel it's a shame to waste the few good
cars left that way. They made millions of brand-x's, so there's plenty
where they came from, ours are in limited numbers. Of course, if it's a
4 door.....
That's our point of view. Some of us like to do subtle mods like
Electric Fuel Pumps, Disc Brakes or even 4 wheel Discs, and some engine
mods, while maintaining the overall appearance of being original.

Ray