[Chrysler300] Hagerty Insurance

  I asked my collector car insurance agent some questions about the Hagerty
insurance I carry on our 1955 Chrysler 300.  His responses to questions of
ownership and operations are shown below.  Hagerty appears to have put
together a consortium of underwriters licensed in the various states, and
then markets the package through independent agents.

My policy says Hagerty Insurance Agency in Traverse City MI and is
underwritten by Encompass Ins. Co. of Northbrook, IL.  My local agent's name
is also shown.  He indicates good service and satisfaction among his clients
that have Hagerty coverage.  Annual cost last year was $293 for agreed value
of $40,000.  $0 deductible on collision & comp., 100/300/100/5 coverage.
Uninsured motorist coverage rejected by me, except for $3,500 PD, $0
deductible. I sent my local agent some pictures to establish condition and
there was never any other question of value.

Hope this sheds some light on ownership and structure of Hagerty.  No
claims, so no evaluation of service possible.  Does seem like there may be
too many levels of administration between me and the actual insurance
company.

C-300?ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300

I checked Hagerty this AM.  The companies they are using can include one of
the following.
 One Beacon Ins companies which are American Central,
 The employers Fire Ins Co, Essentia Ins Co ,
 The Northern Assurance Co of American.
 or one of the Encompass Insurance Group companies of which there are 7.
 So there are 11 different companies.  The benefits are all the same.
 I think this is probably due to different state requirements.

 Many companies form different companies in different states due to regs.
The web site shows Hagerty family as owners.  My understanding is all claims
are handled by Hagerty but I'm sure they would send out an adjuster who
could be a company man or an independent adjuster.  I see it as Hagerty
designing the program and then getting the companies to underwrite the
paper.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: