[Chrysler300] RE:Gas tank repo, (57-59) update. Plus disc brake conversi

[Chrysler300] RE:Gas tank repo, (57-59) update. Plus disc brake conversion question.

Hello Dave and All

I called Jan Fridberg on Feb. 8th when it was posted that he was repoing the
57-59 tanks. He said it would be a couple of months as he was having some
problems with the metal tearing when he was making that deep draw. He likely
needs to anneal the material after partial draw. Steel work hardens when
drawing. I am sure he will get the job done. I would expect several months.
I will contact him when the two months expires and keep you posted.

Disc brakes. I saw John Hertogs tech piece on the Club Site to convert 61
300 to disc brakes. He stated to use 74 to 78 full size Chrys for donor
parts.
I want to convert a 57 300 and want to know if anyone knows what car(s) to
use as a dinner? By looking at Johns photos the 61 suspension looks the same
as 57 to me. Can anyone attest that the 74 to 78 John suggests would be same
for 57. I heard the the Dodge Dakota pick up's are a good donor for 57 300.
I looked at a Dakota truck some time back and the spindle did look very much
like the 57. I was told I would need to enlarge the ball joint taper as the
small truck used a smaller size ball joint. That is easy for me in my mill.
Can anyone attest that the truck is a good donor?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I know AJ has the conversion.
If I get the spindle Napa has the caliper and rotor.  The cost would be a
third of AJ.

Thank you,
Gary, the parts doc
Reno, Nevada 89521 USA