[Chrysler300] Alternator Gauge Failures?

[Chrysler300] Alternator Gauge Failures?

Hi All,
              just wanted to run this by. I just finished installing my new
wiring harnesses  in the K along with new battery, battery cables, starter
relay etc and the  car was totally dead. Traced power into the car and all the way
up to the  alternator gauge positive side but not negative.

            Remembering  some issues I had years ago with later model B-body
MoPars I bypassed the  alternator gauge and everything came to life. Although
the K has been in boxes  since '05 and I can't say for sure that this was the
original gauge that came  out of the car when it was running I can say that
all the gauges "looked" good (  meaning not burned or corroded like was evident
in the B-body cars when I had  problems ).

            Has  anyone had any problems like this? What's the proper test
for this type of gauge  before installing a replacement? I've never had one go
so dead like this with no  visual indicators that something was fried.

Thanks,
Mike Laiserin

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

Yahoo! Groups Links