[Chrysler300] Open-Chamber heads & Alternator bracket

[Chrysler300] Open-Chamber heads & Alternator bracket

Hi All,

I noticed that my new open chamber heads have one less hole tapped in the face compared to the original closed chamber heads from '63.  The long alternator bolt is supposed to screw into the head, but the tap is not there.
(upper left hole in the early heads is not tapped in the new ones and a freeze plug is in that location on the newer heads)

I was given a bracket with the new heads but the location of the tapped hole on the bracket is in a slightly different location. Will this give me a problem later?  The new heads are not on yet, but I plan to put them on this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
Mark Lindahl

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: