Re: [Chrysler300] FW: 1955 packard Clipper 'Constellation'

Re: [Chrysler300] FW: 1955 packard Clipper 'Constellation'

Hi Bill,

I purchased a 6 volt Optima last week through a distributor in Corona, CA  for $128.95.

12 volt Optima's are available at Costco for about $100.00, out here anyway.  To my knowledge there is no box to hide their different appearance.

FYI:  If you are going to be using a battery box keep in mind that the Packard Club offers (2) choices.  The more expensive one that looks like a tar top battery has the post in the opposite corners of the standard 6 volt batteries used in Chryslers.  The other box that is offered is simply a black box, but the post locations are in the correct position and it is about $20.00 less as I remember.  I noticed that your e-mail stated '55 Packard, so if this is what you are trying to place the battery in everything could be different.

I have two of these in current use in the '55 Imperial and T&C.  YnZ made different cables to accommodate the change.

John Lazenby, Southern California

1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
1955 Imperial Newport
1955 Chrysler C300 Tango Red
1956 Chrysler 300B Cloud White
1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe Raven Black
1960 Chrysler 300F Coupe Alaskan White
1963 Volkswagen Beetle Black
2000 BMW 323ci Titanium Silver Metallic  w/Red Leather
2001 BMW ///M5 Titanium Silver Metallic (A Modern Super Car)
http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=18
2002 Mercury Mountaineer Premier (V8)