  From: Michael Reed
  To: jymopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:27 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 440 300 problem

  I'm not going to argue with Paul regarding the zinc issue, but let me say this regarding the problem(s) you've had with the 426 engine.

  I don't buy for one second the abnormal wear on the cam and fuel pump push rod was the result of the brand of break-in oil being used. You could have put a cheap non-detergent oil in a brand-new/rebuilt engine and not experience that sort of wear in 2,000 miles. The removal of an additive could not begin to cause that degree of wear. It seems like no oil was getting to the pushrod/cam lobe area (or -- almost like it had kerosene instead of motor oil in it for a lubricant).

  Something awfully fishy going on there!

  Mike Reed
  Lake Odessa, Michigan