Re: [Chrysler300] 440 300 Problem

Now I'm jumping ion on this one. I have a very similar problem with my 383
in my '65 300 Sport. Some of you may recall my woes with this engine since
it's rebuild.....it still won't run well at all, I've tested and replaced
pretty much everything and it still haunts me. In one of my recent attemps
to resolve the problem I discovered that once again I have a fuel delivery
problem.

All of a sudden, no fuel getting to the carb. Added fuel to the tank,
nothing. Pulled the line off at the carb and fired the car on prime a few
times, nothing. Ran a line direct from pum inlet into a bottle, nothing!

Fuel pump is new but tried others from my collection of spares and no luck.
Now I'm going to take the advice of club members I received ages ago and
swap out the push rod but every parts guy looks at me like I'm crazy saying
those would never wear out enough to not pump the plunger. I find it hard to
believe myself, especially on a car that ran great before I rebuilt the
engine and has only 75k original miles on it. My other B / RB engines have
had twice the milage and the abuse and I never encountered the problem
before.

Does anyone have any proof they wear out? Has anyone compared measurements
to a new one? Convince me this isn't just a futile effort even though it's
really only about a 20 minute job and likely inexpensive.

Ryan Hill

Enter to win a night a VIP night out at TIFF
http://redcarpet.sympatico.msn.ca/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional