[Chrysler300] 440 300 Problem

 Hello 300 People out there..

A friend of mine has a problem with his -67 300.
Friday last week the car worked perfect and this Friday it was dead.
No gas coming up to the carb. Replaced the pump but no brum brum from
the engine.
Tank is clean but he tried with an outside gas can but pump is not
pumping any gas.
What can have happened???? He lives about 200 miles from me so I haven't
seen the car.

They got problems when they tried to put the new pump in, there was when
I got in on this, but
it was the rod between the pump and the camshaft that got a little
stacked but they got that one
in to place again. My question is about that rod, how do you take that
one out???
If I don't remember wrong it goes out trough the pump hole in the
block??? They say that this is
impossible because the angle is not right in their engine for that. -It
must go out below the pump, they say.
Can it be that the rod have fall out its place and they haven't notice
when it happen or is it like that
on newer engines. I'm only use to my -61 cars but I may not remember
correctly..
Can the camshaft be outworn from one day to another??? Never heard about
a worn camshaft on the pumpside..

            Best regards..  Johan

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: