[Chrysler300] Re: Exhaust Extension for '55-'56 Chrysler 300's.

[Chrysler300] Re: Exhaust Extension for '55-'56 Chrysler 300's.

Bill and all,

I purchased mine from a Studebaker vendor out of the San Fernando Valley years ago when he was selling at a Stude event at La Palma Park in Anaheim, CA.  There use to be a Stude place in Long Beach or Wilmington that also carried them.  Last was Neuman and Altman who I believe were the folks that bought most of the Stude inventory from the factory years ago.  Seems to me they were based out of South Bend, but not completely sure on that.

There are two versions that I've seen.  The most common is the one mentioned above that was used on the Studes and I guess our cars.  Bob Lindenburger who lives in Kansas I think had a somewhat different style on his black example.  I saw these at the Kerrville, Texas meet some years ago.  If I remember correctly Bob said these came in Mopar boxes.  This is the only set I've seen and that were more square and had more flutes at the exhaust end.

John Lazenby

1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
1955 Imperial Newport
1955 Chrysler C300 Tango Red
1956 Chrysler 300B Cloud White
1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe Raven Black