RE: [Chrysler300] key on ebay

One of my 300Cs (April 1957) has aluminum keys - one is red, but don't
remember what lock this fits.  Also I do not know if original keys or not.
Amongst keys that came with Supercharged 300C (late Dec 56), are also a set
of aluminum keys. They possibly could be original, becausethey were with a
fair few 1956-58 original letters and receipts that came with car also, so
keys could also date back to then?

And while we are on 'what 300s had what' - did very early 300Cs have the one
piece cast hubcap centres, as different from the later ones, where they were
built up with three cast little ears attached to centre?  The supercharged C
looks like it had no mesh in front brake duct scoops under headlights, and
still has 120 mph speedo - bit odd for a car that ran just under 150mph on
Daytona Beach, but maybe not so important when car mainly ran at drags,
apart from more common street use.
It is seemingly amongst the first 50 300Cs built, if anyone has worked out
when cast cap centres ended.

Christopher in Australia where yesterday my 2nd 300C laid rubber ( albeit
towing a 70 El Camino project 20 feet so I could mow the lawn where my 2nd
EL C sits part stripped, awaiting going to the sandblasters !!)

>From: "Rich Barber" <c300@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'Paul Holmgren'" <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'Chrysler 300 Broadcast'"
><Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] key on ebay
>Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 18:54:25 -0700
>
>Can anyone confirm which years Chryslers came with aluminum keys from the
>factory?  I'm pretty sure my '50 and '51 had aluminum keys and maybe
>Grandpa's '55 DeSoto, also.  I don't think my '63 had aluminum keys.
>
>C-300'ly,
>Rich Barber
>Brentwood, CA
>1955 Chrysler C-300

Advertisement: Search for local singles online at Lavalife
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: