RE: [Chrysler300] Re: Single and Dual Quad history

RE: [Chrysler300] Re: Single and Dual Quad history

Wayne:

I have seen and admired Adam and your and Owen's commitments to preserve him
and his DNA.  Any idea as to his compression ratio?  And what is his
redline?  Has he been dynoed? (Adam's, not Owen's!)

My question was more oriented to the production cars.  I think the '55 300's
went on sale on Feb. 10, 1955.  It is possible Cad started production of
their dual quad Eldorados earlier since it was the third year for Eldo's.
They did produce 3,950 1955 Eldo convertibles--a peak they never exceeded.
If Cad did come out earlier with a 270 HP engine, it would seem like
Chrysler called and raised.  Good for Chrysler and good for us, but I've not
seen that little strategy published, if it indeed it helped drive the
creation of the 1955 C-300.

C-300'ly
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA