[Chrysler300] Re: what to do with ac

The 1957 model year at Chrysler was the last year that an option order of factory air conditioning DID NOT automatically mean the car would be equipped with any tinted glass whatsoever!  I learned this through my ownership of 3N57 2445  which is a white, factory air convertible with all clear glass throughout.
    For 1958 engineers and marketing got together and looked at the efficiency loss of NOT including tinted glass with an AC-ordered car and combined the two options so that an AC order automatically equipped the car with full tinted glass all around.
    Additional perspective here is that tinted glass had only become widely available in the US auto industry as an option in the early '50s.  I don't know Chrysler's first year of offer, but at Hudson for example, it was 1952.

Wayne

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional