RE: [Chrysler300] Production Years 300's

RE: [Chrysler300] Production Years 300's

My notes show the Letter Cars of 1955-1965, 300H Hurst cars in 1970, 300
Sport trim available 1962- 1971, a Cordoba 300 in 1979--then 1999-2004
300-M's and the latter day 300's in various models including the 300C HEMI
from 2005 to date.  I read somewhere the sales of the 1999 300-M exceeded
the sum of all previous 300 car production.

My hope is that the various factions realize the appropriateness of
including all the 1955-79 models in one strong club far exceeds the value of
nursing old wounds.

Gary Meadors (owner of Good Guys) entered his interesting 1956 Chrysler
300-B in yesterday's MoPar Alley show in Fremont, CA.  The entrant's voted
it their favorite 300.  Boyd Coddington put a 354 hemi in a Viper chassis
and dropped the 1956 300-B body onto it.  The body was left stock with a
perfect finish, the interior is red leather.

Meadors attended the show but left early (after some difficulty in starting
his street-rodded B), most likely to return to his own show in nearby
Pleasanton.

I preferred fellow club member Roger Schaaf's beautiful white '56-B that was
Meador's inspiration and was parked next to it.  The Hopkins/Palmer Black F
coupe took second.

There were seven 300 coupes entered in the show--a nice turnout. C-300, B,
B, F, G, H, L.  Best of show was a luscious 1948 Chrysler 300 business
coupe.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
1955 Chrysler C-300