Re: [Chrysler300] Smoking...

Chevies had problems with transmission modulators that were vacuum operated
going bad and sucking trans fluid into the intake.......I know trans fluid
burns white and thick. Can't think of any way trans fluid would get into the
engine on a Mopar though.

A bad valley pan gasket on B/RB blocks can cause oil to get sucked into the
intake runners but then the engine wouldn't run like a champ.

If it were steam and coolant is coming through a mild head gasket leak you
would likely find the plugs on those cylinders very clean but unless you do
a leak-down test you might not know you've got a problem. A compression test
might not show a minor leak. Try running the car with the rad cap off to
reduce the pressure from the cooling system..... Does the smoke appear when
the car is cold? Have you checked the valve guides?

Seems to me white smoke has to be steam or trans fluid.

Just my two cents.

Ryan Hill

New Windows Live Hotmail is here. Upgrade for free and get a better look.
www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA150

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional