[Chrysler300] Re:300H Front Brakes

The amount of material that can be removed from any given brake drum is specified by the manufacturer's engineers who created them.  Thus the amount varies.  Don't think I would ever want to risk going beyond the recommendation.
I'm thinking it was very late '60s, maybe early '70s that they started showing the maximum cut on the edge of the drums.  Always looked like it was cast in rather than stamped to me.  Replacement drums for our cars thus also had this.
I'm of the school that says equal drum diameters are critical to equal stopping pull from each side.  Especially on sensitive Chrysler "Center-Plane" brakes.  Probably not as critical on rears but I want them equal on my steering axle.

Wayne

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional