RE: [Chrysler300] 300-G For Sale from collectorcartraderonline.com

RE: [Chrysler300] 300-G For Sale from collectorcartraderonline.com

I gave the seller a call to check the car out.  It is in the 704 area code
(NC) and I am in NC about twice a year so I figured I would give a call and
maybe go see it next time I am down there.

Nice guy.  Details that I found out tonight:

*	The car is on a state issued vin.  The original vin tag is long
gone.  Sounds like this was due to a lost title and not anything onerous.

*	It is currently red with black interior.  He is going to see if
there is a data plate and send a picture...I am curious to see if it a
special order interior.  He has no idea if it is or is not.

*	It has A/C.  He described it as having lots of good options but
could not discern what options were, and what standard equipment with the
car was.

*	When parked about 12 years ago, it would idle but not run under
acceleration or load.

*	The cross rams are there.unsure about linkages and carbs being
correct.  They are long rams.

*	Was owned by his dad who did a mechanical restoration to it some
years ago.

*	Dad cut corners and as a result, some really odd things were done to
the car.  This includes blacking out of all chrome (cheaper than
re-chroming), and a very poor patchwork paint job.  Also, there is signs of
a rear-end collision.but it does not appear to have been anything too
terribly serious.

*	Missing (I think he said one) Hubcap.

*	Currently parked in a basement surrounded by other cars.

Sounds like it would be a neat trip to see what-all is there.

Happy motoring.

JL

  _____