[Chrysler300] 1955 Chrysler 300 wheels.

We've been down this road before, but just a refresher:  1955 wheels have
smaller (3/8") holes between the bolt holes for the locating pin projecting
from each brake drum.  1955 and earlier Chrysler wheels are fastened to the
brake drums with cap screws/bolts, both left hand and right hand, that screw
into threaded HOLES in the brake drums.  The locating pin provides sort of a
hook to properly locate and support the wheel while starting the bolts.  The
manufacturer of the replacement wheels was willing to add the little
anti-rotation bumps, but not the intermediate holes for the locating pins.
Probably could salvage the centers and weld them to new and stronger (and
wider?) rims??

The 1956 wheels would not have needed the intermediate holes as those wheels
slipped over the five studs projecting from the brake drums.  I don't know
whether the 1956 disc wheels were different from the 1955 wheels, but they
probably were.  I have read that Chrysler was trying to get rid of an
oversupply of the Motor Wheel wire wheels, so perhaps they ALL have the
locating pin holes.

Was 1956 the last year for factory-option Motor Wheel brand wire wheels from
Chrysler?

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
1955 Chrysler C-300
15X5.5 inch, drop center steel disc safety wheels and 15x5.5 inch Motor
Wheel Co. wire wheels--both with