SV: [Chrysler300] Fw: IML: '65 413 engine codes

SV: [Chrysler300] Fw: IML: '65 413 engine codes

I am not sure about the 1965 decoding but at least a couple of years later
for some plants Chrysler used a Engine code on the broadcast sheets located
at row 4 that refer to the engine type, displacement, carburetor set-up,
heather, aircond in the combination with the transmission, this is as far as
I know always a 3 digit code.
For 1971 it looks like the examples below;
382 340 4BBL, manual trans., heater, 275hp
383 340 4BBL, manual trans., A/C, 275hp
407 426 Hemi, manual trans., heater, 425hp
408 426 Hemi, auto. trans., heater, 425hp
412 440 6BBL, manual trans., heater, 385hp
413 440 6BBL, auto. trans., heater, 385hp
418 383 4BBL, manual trans., heater, 300hp
419 383 4BBL, auto. trans., heater, 300hp
420 383 4BBL, auto. trans., A/C, 300hp
443 440 4BBL, manual trans., heater, 370hp
444 440 4BBL, auto. trans., heater, 370hp
445 440 4BBL, auto. trans., A/C, 370hp
451 340 4BBL, auto. trans., heater, 275hp
452 340 4BBL, auto. trans., A/C, 275hp