Bob Rodger and Burt Bouwkamp

Club members:  I thought I'd share with you part of an email I received from Burt Bouwkamp today regarding Bob Rodger and the DVD we recently produced.  Burt was kind enough to allow us to include him on the DVD as he was the banquet speaker for our meet in Pontiac, MI during the spring of 2005.  He also provided us with quite a few statistics that we utilized in the movie.  If you were privelaged to be there and meet Burt, you know what a great guy he is. Here is what he said:

"David, I received the DVD. I watched it and enjoyed it. Thanks. I was particularly pleased to see how much footage there was on Bob Rodger. He was a great guy and deserved the recognition for the "300".

Bob died of Leukemia in 1969 or 1970. He worked for me when he died - although I had worked for him from 1954 to 1962. I'll always remember when I was promoted to be his boss - he was one of the proudest guys in the office. That's the kind of guy he was. I arranged for a company plane to fly him to the Sloan-Kettering Cancer Institute in New York to try to save him but it was too late.

Burt Bouwkamp "

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!!

David Coston
www.the300project.com