Re: [Chrysler300] 300H REAR SPRINGS QUESTION

Re: [Chrysler300] 300H REAR SPRINGS QUESTION

Russ and All:
Yes, front seatbelts were made standard equipment on the 300H fairly early
in the model year.  I would have installed my rear seat belts in the "H"
shortly after I bought it in 1971, because we had a two year old that needed his
car seat to be properly restrained.  I welded on the reinforcements on the
underside of the floor pan as it starts to kickup to go over the rear  axle.  As
I said, I don't remember if I used the stamped in dimples for  location, but I
did on the "F" convertible when rear anchors were added to it  during body
resto a few years ago.

Ok, I just took a peek under the "H" and "F".  The outboard REAR  seatbelt
anchor is located in the same place in both, leading me to believe I  also used
factory dimples in the "H" those many years ago.  This  anchor is just
outboard of the "frame" and just inboard of the wheelhouse flange  where it
spotwelds to the floorpan.  It is about 5 or 6 inches up (higher)  than the normal
floor surface.   I couldn't see the inner rear, as the  muffler obscured it, but
could feel it at the same vertical level, perhaps a  foot and one half or so
inboard of the outer.

That is the best I can do on 300H et. al. rear seat belt anchors without
jacking up the car which I am not into today!!!!   Hope this helps a  bit.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tally, FL
(We DID get a wee bit of rain today!)

In a message dated 7/23/2006 11:11:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,