[Chrysler300] Throttle Valve Adjustment?

[Chrysler300] Throttle Valve Adjustment?

I posed this problem to George Riehl today, but thought I would post it to the group also.

My "F" won't idle in gear. I set the idle speed to 700-800 RPM in neutral (engine at normal running temperature). But when DRIVE is engaged the RPM drops way off, to the point that the engine wants to (and often does) stall unless a little throttle is applied. Pop it into neutral and it idles okay (RPM increases to what it should be).

Does this indicate that the rod from the accelerator linkage to the transmission throttle valve is out of adjustment? Perhaps the rod is not returning all the way to its stop on the tranny? It would seem to me that if the throttle valve is completely closed it might cause the RPM to drop.

I don't have a lift, or access to one, so before I jack it up to check this I thought I would ask for opinions

Mike Reed in Lake Odessa, Michigan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM