[Chrysler300] Car judging ( Dave's car is a number 2 or 1? )

[Chrysler300] Car judging ( Dave's car is a number 2 or 1? )

Some years ago I went to my first Auburn auction.
There was a real nice 300-E ragtop that went thru the day I was up there.
I had already owned my 300 20+ years at that time so I was not a
stranger to the 300's
This car was NICE, clean, great looking, ran nice, no smoke, top was
wringle free.
It didnt make the reserve at something like $35,000 so it was shuffled
off to the tents and thats where I had the chance to look it over closer.
Once I  got home and had a chance to look over the listings on line,
the Auburn folks had judged it to be a number 3 condition car.

So,  hitting number one is also in the eyes of those who think thier
opinions count.
I gathered from additional research that any car that achieves #1 status
is probably done to the standards that no modern car manufacturer ever
achieved on a production line produced automobile.
It has been said more then once that any car that rolled off the line at
the Big 3 might measure up to #2 condition the FIRST day, and it might
not take much to knock it to #3 if someone on the line was having a bad
day when any car rolled thru the line.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy