[Chrysler300] Steering Wheel Rebuilders

Hi Folks,   Happy new year to everyone.

I've been a stranger lately, but the C300 resto is going well.  The body has
been painted (red) and re-assembly has begun in earnest.   I discovered late
last year the world's best rust proofing material:  decades caked Oregon
desert sand !  It's amazing how rust free the car was once we battled to
remove the sand..

I'm sending pictures of the progress to George Merrick who I bought the car
from some years ago.  I talked to him by phone last year and he sent
everyone in the club his regards from the comfort of his new winter home in
Arizona.

Now then, we are reaching that point in a restoration that never ends.  Like
stepping half way to the wall forever - and never getting there.  I need a
recommendation for a guy who can do a show quality restoration of the
steering wheel.

I am well aware of the reputation of Dennis at Quality Restorations in
California.  However, after much effort I have abandonned the idea of doing
business with him.  I've dealt with a lot of eccentrics in this hobby for
many years.  But I'm afraid that this guy I just cannot deal with.  This is
not a comment on the quality of his work, which I hear is superb.  Only my
individual decision not to deal with a guy who said the kinds of things he
said to me on the phone.

Does anyone know of anyone else that is good with steering wheel restoration
?

thanks,   Sean.

Yahoo! Groups Links