Re: [Chrysler300] collector car value

In a message dated 1/5/2006 11:34:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
goldenlion413@xxxxxxx writes:

The  problem is that a lot of people have more money than brains that is why

the price is so ridiculously high on these cars and another reason is envy
and
greed.

Yanno, I'm wondering if the  same people who make these statements think that
it is rediculous that their  houses are worth double what they were when they
bought them, assuming they have  held them for a decade or so, or if they buy
stocks expecting the prices of  those stocks to go down.

    The fact is that if you are  holding a commodity that someone else wants,
and that commodity is becoming  scarce, the price is going to go up - it
doesn't matter what the commodity is -  house, gold, an automobile, a painting,
antiques - you name it - the rule is the  same.  Are these people supposed to
trun down the market price and sell for  a quarter of that?  The guy on e-bay
started out doing exactly that - no  reserve on a car that may bring as much as
$100,000.00 by the time he gets  through - and most people figured he didn't
know what he was doing.  The  answer is that the market will dictate what the
price is, not envy and greed -  just perceived value.

    If you don't think so, and  you  disapprove, then when it comes time to
sell your house, sell it  for what you paid for it.  Somehow, I doubt that you
will look at that  the same way.

Pete Fitch

Yahoo! Groups Links