Re: [Chrysler300] Hurst running poorly - UPDATE

Re: [Chrysler300] Hurst running poorly - UPDATE

Stephen, A couple of things come to mind. If your fuel
pump push rod has worn by an 1/8" or so (and they do
ware) You won't ever get enough gas. That little rod
left a good friend and club member sitting with his
Silver Edition DEAD on top of the Detroit- Windsor
Ambassador Bridge a few years back. I think the $6 or
$8 investment with Mother Mopar would be good
insurance. I would also look at the draw tube filter
at the end of your sending unit. That one is more of a
pain because you have to drop the tank to get at it.
If you do this, I'd have the tank flushed and boiled
out while you have it down. In my experience, the fuel
line is only the transporter of the crud coming out of
the gas tank. The lines themselves are pretty bullet
proof. And that way you'd be starting over with a
clean tank and all fresh fuel. We're all staying
tuned, Jerry