Re: [Chrysler300] Eastwood paint for my 300

Re: [Chrysler300] Eastwood paint for my 300

All well and good, but we are talking about brand new cans that have never been opened. Once a can sprays, it should be OK unless you clog it. You always should turn it upside down and spray for a few seconds to clear it out. Even if you don't, a dip in lacquer thinner should clear the nozzle opening.  The lesson is IF you're going to buy spray cans from Eastwood, don't buy anything you're not going to use right away.   At $10 and up a can, it's unconscionable not to stand behind unused cans, even if a year old.

Russ Vaughan

BTW: I bet THEY don't store them sideways! :-)

cotejohnr@xxxxxxx wrote:
Perhaps if Eastwood does have a high solids content the solids settle
out and plug up the works.  I read somewhere that all spray cans should
be stored on their side to increase shelf life.  I , and I'll bet all
of us,  don't follow this storage method.  When I have a problem , I
throw the spray nozzle into lacquer thinner ( I save all the tops so I
can just pick another one out of the lacquer) and plug it in, turn
upside down and hope it sprays again. Sometimes works just fine and
sometimes it doesn't but I rarely end up throwing away cans that are
still half full.
John Cote
CT.