Re: [Chrysler300] GAS PRICES

In a message dated 8/6/05 1:56:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time, barber@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> California likes to put sales tax on the excise tax, but Florida and New
> York are the winnahs.

BEING A FLORIDA RESIDENT I KNOW DIFFERENTLY. THE GAS IN FLORIDA IS LOW NOW
SINCE THE PRICES WERE FROZEN BY THE HURRICANE EMERGENCY ACT, THE 1ST HURRICANE
THAT HIT THE PANHANDLE RECENTLY. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THERE IS ANY ENFORCEMENT
IN FLORIDA. NORMALLY THE FLORIDA PRICES ARE AMONG THE HIGHEST IN THE NATION
SINCE FLORIDA GAS TAXES SUBSIDIZE NEW YORK, MASSACHUSETTS, & ALASKA GAS PRICES.
IT'S NO WONDER FLORIDA IS KNOWN AS THE SCAM STATE. IT'S THE ONLY STATE IN THE
UNION RUN LIKE A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY. BUT THE WEATHER IS GREAT, DISCOUNTING THE
HURRICANES. NEW JERSEY & GEORGIA ARE THE LOWEST PRICES ON THE EAST COAST @
$2.09- $2.19 GAL. FLORIDA REGULAR NOW IS $2.29 - $2.49 GAL.   STEVE ESTOK IN 93 &
 SUNNY, PUNTA GORDA, FL

Yahoo! Groups Links