From: "James McMullan" <macthehammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Listserver" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 10:23 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Helping Joe out

After pondering the problem for a couple of days,Best Guess.The rod that
pushes the piston in the master cyl is adjusted too long.About 1 or 1& 1/2
tunes I would think.This causes the breaks to drag And build heat  The hard
pedal is the clue. Had it happen on a 36 Ford (converted to Hydrouc)  First
trip out of the shop ( San Ffan  to Sac ) The breaks would come on and stop
the little Flat  Head  . Pulled in to every Gas  Station  along the way and
cooled the master with water and made Adjustment .Had to Get to Work by
Morning ,or face the Brig (Air Force) .Someone reported me to the Hwy Patrol
because of the Strange Behavor.They threatened to impound the car ( I had
converted it from A hard top to the street and there were issues) The next
day after work one more turn solved the problem. But I learned how to talk
to Cops .They even helped me push start it to get me on my way. About year
1957.  Jim     McMullan 300 F   It wasn't a 300 but brakes is brakes.
macthehammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

For list server instructions, go to
Yahoo! Groups Links