[Chrysler300] 300C Modifications

One thing that I have never been able to get across to people about my car passions, and especially complicated by the fact that I have now authored three restoration handbooks (Terraplanes, '57 DeSoto Adventurer, 300C) is that even though the books are about the way the cars were built at the factory and how to return them to that condition, they are only a reference for your ownership and enjoyment of the cars.  As the cars pile on miles and years the authenticity continues to go down the drain.  My intent with the handbooks is that you know what they were, and appreciate they were GREAT cars built to production line standards.   However, they may not have totally suited you when they were new and with 50 years of industry advancements, they may not suit you at all today.

I do not happen to own a modified 300C.  However, if I ever do my white/beige convertible, it either won't be white (perhaps Indian Turquoise!) or it won't have stock beige leather (I'd want it lipstick red!).    I have had perfectly stock Terraplanes and mildly modified as well.   I am currently building a 5.7L Dodge Ram Hemi powered, 5 speed automatic, '69 Chrysler rear axle, 4 wheel disc,  '57 DeSoto with 4 bucket seats, 17" wheels and minor body modifications.    There will always be nut and bolt restorers and there will always be some guys and some shops with absolutely no talent or taste who will ruin cars.

I for one will build my cars the way I like them and appreciate all others done with quality.

Wayne

Yahoo! Groups Links