RE: [Chrysler300] Fuel & Carburation on the 59E

Hi Tom,
Sounds to me like the choke is sticking shut causing the over-rich coondition. The condition goes away when there is finally enough heat present to open the choke. Check to see if there's a little vacuum canister (choke pull off) on the passenger side of the AFB that is supposed open the choke partially during warmup. These frequently go bad and don't open the choke. Test it by sucking on the inlet to see if it will hold a vacuum.

From: trkosky@xxxx
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Fuel & Carburation on the 59E
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:18:40 EST
Hi Everyone Out In Chrysler 300 Land!

Slight problem or so I hope. When I pump the accelerator once to start the
engine, it kicks over, starts, and runs rough for a couple of minutes! There
is black soot exhaust on the floor of my garage. After a couple of minutes she
just runs just fine. I live in Florida so it can't be due to "cold weather"!
The carbs were rebuilt some few months back so I don't think or hope that it
is not that. Any suggestions.

Thanks and Happy Chryslering!

Tom Kosky
Miami, Florida