Re: [Chrysler300] Fuel & Carburation on the 59E

Re: [Chrysler300] Fuel & Carburation on the 59E

Hi Tom;
What happens if you DON'T give it a shot to set the chokes?

Now, BEFORE starting, take off the aircleaner and see if the butterflys are
wet. You're looking to see if the carb is draining down and dripping gas
down the throat into the manifold. That would make it rich in the base below
the carb and/or the runners and/or pooled behind the valves to some extent.
Then when you give it one shot to set the chokes, you've added more fuel and
get a rich condition. This could be caused by a slightly high float level,
though not high enough to make it run bad at idle (spill over).

Since you say that it runs ok once it gets past the rich condition, the
carbs are basicly OK.

Let us know how it turns out, Ray

--
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas