Re: [Chrysler300] Any Interest in a High Speed Starter for 413 Cast Iron

Re: [Chrysler300] Any Interest in a High Speed Starter for 413 Cast Iron 727 DriveTrains?

Hi Tony & all,

I used an aftermarket high torque starter on a 392 hemi with 10.5:1
compression it turned it over so easily and at an incredible rpm! Now I have
just fitted an original rebuilt unit into my C for the original look, no
comparison, much slower to turn over and more of a "struggle".

My friend down here in New Zealand will build up any starter at all in a 1,
1.5 , or 2 KV unit. He uses an atfermarket high torque motor and machines up
the end housing for the application. He sent me the 1.5 unit for the 392
saying it would be more than enough, and was it ever! The cost was about
$175US, worth every penny. The only drawback is these units look nothing
like original, I asked him if it was possible to somehow combine the two
starters, old look, new performance. He said it was not.

My two cents worth....
Owen