Empty Gas Tank Storage

I have recently acquired a good gas tank, that I want to use about a year or so from now. The tank is clean of visible residue or rust at this time. What would be the best way to keep the tank in good shape for the future? Should I internally coat it with one of the available gas tank sealers now, or when I install the tank? Or just leave it alone?

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks

Paul Thomassen