Bracket from 300 G

Hi All,

Need the help of the Club to aid in the identification of a
bracket that I removed in engine compartment 4 years ago.
Starting to put the G together now. It was -15* here in
northern Minnesota 2 weeks ago. Last weekend it was +60*
and the snow has melted like crazy. It's 50* today, and
Getting the itch to work on the car. Been a long, cold winter.

Bracket from:

300 G coupe, engine compartment, (in same box as battery tray.)

part number on bracket : NM - 40 -1

Part is about 8 inches long, 1 inch wide.

one end has 3/8 " hole ( has about a 20* bend )

other end has 3/8 " by 1 inch hole (slot)( has about 15* bend)

I thought it was a battery tray support bracket, but no holes line up.

Question for the group is: What is it and where does it go.

Thanking you in advance for your help,

Lauren R Lampi
300G coupe
Grand Rapids, Minnesota