Re: [Chrysler300] Filament of my imagination

Re: [Chrysler300] Filament of my imagination

>In the 50's to early 70's, dealers and shops got their parts from
>'Motor Parts Depot'. I think mid 70's they changed to Mopar.
>At the time I was living in the greater Los Angeles area and Motor
>Parts Depot was almost in downtown Los Angeles.

In the mid '60's, on more than one occasion, I purchased some parts for my
C300 from Parts Wholesalers Inc. in Los Angeles. It was on Figueroa St. and
was a very busy genuine Mopar parts store; not a car dealer. The people
there were very helpful and the store had what I needed on the shelf. That
parts distribution system is long dead with Mopar.

Side note: Our shop is affiliated with AC Delco as a TSS shop and we buy AC
Delco parts through a warehouse in Phoenix that is not owned by AC Delco, GM
or any dealership. PWI sold to in those days, it did appear, anyone as well
as to dealers which is kinda what ACD is doing now as well as embracing all
makes, all models in the product line to butt heads with NAPA (which has
developed into an extremely poor supplier for us).

"It pays to buy - from PWI" (says on the invoice)

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ