C300 oil capacity

I don't have my manual yet, so a basic question is how many quarts does this
thing take. I always change the oil & filter on an unknown engine. I put
is 6 qts of my favorite oil, and it still doesn't show on the dip stick. Of
course, I have no idea if the dipstick is correct for this engine. Anyway,
thanks for your help. Oh, does anyone know of an after market spin on
filter adapter?? That's the last time I want to change that @#$%^% can
type.