Convert well liner and boot qustion for 300H

Convert well liner and boot qustion for 300H

The last question for the night:

Are there outfits that have pre-made fitted top well liner and correct fitting top boot for our 300's?
Or would it be advisable that I have the boot made to fit the car/folded top by my local upho shop
when my car is put back together and running? My boot has never been put on the car while I
owned/stored this it, and, many many years before that, it sat in the elements unattended/used by its former owner.
The original boot is all dried out, rough and stiff as a board!! I wonder if it has shrunk?? - cant check its fit because the car is completely
striped and I can't get the boot's wrinkles stretched out to straighten it

Any one ever had any problems with a non -fitting
boot cover after reassembling top mechanism - with a new top canvas (I.E.: folded top does not compress
enough do to maybe the top material/pads being thicker then original) .
I was thinking of taking it, the old well liner, and other needed upho work to my local Upho shop to have them made sew up these, ahead of time, now, while the upho shop is in its slow period. If I soak the boot in water (or some type liquid) for a few weeks will
it become pliable enough for the upho shop to copy it's size

Ken Wilson, San Jose, Calif.