The Beautiful Brute

The first person to use the term "Beautiful Brute" to describe the Chrysler 300 letter cars was a famous automotive writer whose name escapes me for the moment. The term was penned in the late '50s or early '60s. The gentleman was kind enough to be a keynote speaker at a Chrysler 300 Club Inc. meet a while back. I have always felt the term to be quite descriptive, does anyone recall the writer's name?

Bob J