celine dion

Have bemusedly read the patter on selection of Celine Dion for a
spokesperson, and certainly hope she isn't required to sing in them because
I can't imagine her genre of music attracting buyers to Chrysler products.
What happened to the agency that chose the likes of Steppenwolf & Aerosmith
? There are literally hundreds of better choices available as evidenced by
all the other manufacturers' ads - especially Mitsubishi, Nissan, Cadillac,
GM trucks, Mazda, and Buick to name a few, with artists known the world over
and a lot of them so obscure they have to be looked up on various internet
sites devoted to music used in commercials. I personally can't tolerate
even a single song of Celine's since the overkill of the 'Titanic" theme.
Call up Moby, The Crystal Method, Rammstein, The Guess Who, Jimi Hendrix,
Stevie Ray Vaughn (posthumously), Janis Joplin, even Madonna, Anastacia,
Willa Ford, or Stevie Nicks. Anyone but Celine. Loved the Mad tv (or SNL)
parody of the "Divas" concert with Celine, Mariah, Aretha, Gloria, and
Shania all trying to drown one another out and looking like Michael Ironside
in "Scanners" with their heads shaking and veins protruding while attempting
to hold the note longer than all the rest. Waylon (?) who ?? Ricky (?) who
?? Dionne Warwick ? Dion and the Belmonts ?
And Dave, ( Moore ), you should have gotten over Pearl by now. Very few
if any domestic (or foreign ) makes have 100% content from their country of
origin. Chrysler has owned the French Simca; been in bed w / Mitsubishi
since 1969; Colts, Crickets, Sapporos, Challengers, Daytonas, Lasers,
Sebrings, and on and on - all built by Mitsu even today. And let us not omit
the Germans and Italians and their partnerships with Mopar. VW engines in
the Omni / Horizons and Lamborghini designing the Viper V10 engine. I guess
you forgot about Hitler and Mussolini ?? If you're gonna' hold a grudge,
hold it all the way and completely I always say.
Thirdly, my G has the NYrkr wheel well trim front and rear, rocker
panel trim, and even door edge trim, all more than likely dealer installed,
and since my brother and I saw the car in the dealer showroom when new we
can both verify that the original owner didn't put it on. As for looking
"tacky" that's individual taste, as with Celine, but I've always thought it
looks pretty d--- good myself. If there's anyone else out there with the
aforementioned trim I'd like to hear from you and see pictures of your G.
Might be spitting in the wind cause I've never seen another with it. Anyway,
watch out for those little rice burners or a black Jetta 24V VR6 ( that
doesn't sound like pissed off bumblebees and no fart pipe ) they might
surprise you. Guess I've stirred up enough for now..........
Ciao, Auf weidersein, and Sayonara,
Del Kerney