Driveline installation - answer

Hi Rich,

The way you are planning to do it is the best way to go, as far as I am
concerned.
The great advantage of installing engine and trans in subframe is that you
can actually START and RUN the engine / trans when they are installed. I
use an old radiator support to hang the radiator, and then connect it up
to the engine and trans cooler lines, connect up a manual oil pressure
gauge, and fire it up and run it ( off a gas can..) . I like to run it that
way for at least an hour, breaking it in if it is a fresh rebuild.

Odds are SOMETHING will leak - a valve cover gasket ( I also suggest
starting and breaking in the engine with a single-four barrel manifold and
carb if you have one..) , a freezeout plug, a seal, a gasket... then, of
course, it is SO much easier to repair than when the whole mess is installed
in the car !

Once you have run the engine / trans combo for a good long time, and you
have made SURE nothing leaks, then you can install the rams and get it
running with the rams on.

Then, and only then should you roll the subframe under the car and reattach
it.

I am not sure what you mean by K-frame cars versus subframe cars - to me
they are one and the same ?

Have fun !

John