Product and company praise -Also, Air Conditioning repair

Product and company praise -Also, Air Conditioning repair

Hi everyone,

There are a lot of great companies out there helping us restore and maintain our Brutes. Don Verity and I have discovered an exceptional one and I would like to share their name and products with you. I speak for myself, Don has had no input into this letter, but I am sure will add his individual opinion to mine in a separate email.

HTP Welding out of Arlington Heights, Illinois (1-800-USA-WELD) has gone out of their way to insure that, as a customer I purchased the appropriate product for my needs. Don and I both recently purchased the same model Plasma Cutter from them. Even though they have higher powered and more expensive models, they directed both of us, independently, to a less expensive model that was appropriate for our needs. Don has indicated to me his pleasure with the machine and I echo his sentiment. Don did have a problem with a helmet he purchased from HTP, I do not know the details, but he told me the resolution was taken care of in extrodinary fashon.

When a few more parts get sold, I will be in the market for a new MIG welder to replace the small unit I now have. From everything I have seen, their units are made exceptionally well made and offer innovative features either not available or available only at extra cost on competitive models. If anyone is in the market for a new plasma cutter, welding machine or parts and supplies for their present unit, I urge you to get in touch with HTP welding. Their products and customer service are first rate.

While I have the soapbox, I would also like to make everyone aware of a new product marketed by NAPA for Air Conditioning leaks. It's from ETW and the order number is CLP 940 kit. It works with both R-12 and R-134 and stops leaks cold (pun intended). MY '95 LH New Yorker was subject to a recall that the former owner did not avail himself of. As a result, the cost to repair the non -functioning A/C in the car was over $800. I lived with no A/C for years, tolerable in the Northeast and liking $800 more than a cool breeze.

Seventeen year old daughter recently got her license and wouldn't be caught dead in the '77 New Yorker or anything else that I'd let her drive. Using Hondas for her crumple zone just doesn't impress kids like it used to. Wanting her to be as safe as possible with air bags, seat belts, disc brakes and all that modern stuff, she ended up with the '95. Of course, all day on a 90 degree beach is one thing, but once in the car - A/C is a MUST!! I have added 134 to the A/C system in the past, with leak stopping additives and it lasted about three days. I discovered the product while going through a NAPA flyer and decided to give it a try. Decidedly expensive at $38 for a few ounces, I recharged the '95's system with this and new R-134. It's been over a month and the system still works perfectly. Anyone out there that has an old Brute with A/C , but is tired of loosing expensive R-12 might seriously want to give this a try. If the leak isn't too big, like if cousin Billy Joe ventilated the condenser with a 12 gauge, this stuff will probably get your A/C working again without any of your R-12 leaving you.

300ly

Russ Vaughan