air conditioning question - reply

Hi Mike, and all

Here is my 2 cent's worth re : a/c - R134 just does not cut the mustard as
far as I am concerned. I have yet to see a R134 system that blows ICE COLD
like an old R12 system !

For the past three years, I have been using FR12 . It is one of the many
R12 substitutes . It is a blend of three components - 59% R134a, 39.5%
R-124, and 1.5%R-600 . Pennzoil was the original distributor of this stuff
and it was the first R12 alternative approved by the EPA in 1995. Because
it has the LEAST amount of R134a, it works better for R12 conversions . The
duct temp in my 300G is down to about 38 degrees ! as it should be...

Click on http://www.refimax.com/products/fr12.htm

Oh, and by the way, you didn't hear it here, but this stuff IS compatible
with R12.

John