air conditioning question

Hello everyone,

Im hoping we have an experienced a/c tech here who can offer some
advice. Things are getting warm here in Phoenix and I'd like to get the air
working in my 70 300 daily driver. I plan to replace the compressor ,
clutch, dryer and expansion valve and then fill 'er up with R134.
I'm looking for suggestions on how to best flush out the system ( i
picked up a small vacuum pump that connects to my compressor ) and also what
to do about replacing the O-rings. Do they have to be special O-rings or can
I just get an O-ring assortment and use what fits. What about thread sealant
for all the connections?
I want to use the store bought cans of freon and the simple hose
set-up... is anyone running their old rv2 compressor on R134 with sucess?
Appreciate any suggestions.... it'll be 115 here soon !

300ly
Mike Laiserin