Trans-Parkingbrake (broken) brakeshoe-returnspring

Trans-Parkingbrake (broken) brakeshoe-returnspring

I was wondering if some of you have a solution for my problem.

The large wire-spring that holds the brake shoes together is broken
in two.
I tried welding it, but it broke again after a day or two, and caused
even more havoc in the drum...

Now I've been trying to use a "regular" brake-spring, but there's not
really much room for a woundspring in there.

Anyone know if I can substitute it with something else, or maybe someone

has such a spring lying around?
Thanks and greetings,

Herman Meiners
The Netherlands.