White wall width on a '64?

Hi All,

One more tire question and then I'll stop pestering everybody!

The response to my previous post has been strongly in favor of replacing my bias ply tires with radials. The recommend size seems to be P225/75R14. So I'll do that. I'm having a bit of trouble locating these, most stores in town don't stock them. They tell me to check back on Monday when their distributor is open and then they can look into it. Does anybody know for sure what brand of tire might manufacture this size?

But the real question.... I'm finding a big difference in white wall width's on radials. Some are as narrow as 3/8" and some are up to 7/8". Average seems to be about 5/8" wide. Does anybody know what width white wall would have come on my '64 300 originally? I'd just like to get as close to proper looking as I can. I have 1" stuck in my brain, but not sure where that number came from.

My wife says I worry about little things too much, but I'm so dang good at it! :-)

Thanks Again,

Terry Lynch
'64 300 convertible

St. Petersburg, FL