From: RON KURTZ
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 9:03 PM
To: 62-65 Mopar List; 300 List Posts; Terry & Emily Lynch
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Tire Math

Hello, everyone:

I recall someone had a link to a site that did tire size comparisons. I saw
this on the list server about a year ago. It's a real handy tool. Maybe they
can share it with us once again.

According to my tables, 205/75R14s are very close to G78x14s. You can go to
a 215/70R14 without having too much effect on the speedometer (but watch
turning clearance in the front wheel wells).

14x6 rim sizes are typically recommended for 205s and 14x6.5 sizes are
recommended for 215s for optimum tire handling performance. However, on
Chrysler stock rims, I believe a 14x6.5 has a different bolt pattern than
the 14x6s. If you want to use the 14x6.5 rims, be sure to check the bolt
pattern (The distance between every other hole on the rim.)

It's been a while since I played with this. Maybe someone out there would
like to correct or add to this.

Best regards,
Ron Kurtz
E#292