Just curious...

I wish I had a VIN number but I don't and ... Dad's gone, Mother's very old
and has no records and even the insurance agency that served our small town
has long since gone out of business. I'm just curious to know whether
someone on this list owns the 1959 300E that Dad purchased new from Karr
Chrysler Plymouth in Herrin, Illinois. It was a cloud white coupe with a
beige leather interior (as I remember). My Dad's name was Herbert V. Fine
and his address was Carterville, Illinois. The original Illinois license tag
number was 557-807. I remember that distinctly because Dad always used his
Army serial number for his "personalized license plate" until Illinois went
alpha-numeric. I suspect that people who love the 300s as I do ...
especially the "E" might just have a documented history, and I'd give quite
a bit to be able to sit in that driver's seat one more time and hold the
steering wheel that he held. Dad was a very simple man who came out of a
very poor, orphaned childhood. He didn't smoke; he didn't drink; he didn't
gamble and to my knowledge, he didn't fool around :-) He never invested in
stocks or property or anything most financial planners would consider
prudent ... but he loved Chryslers and he loved "fast." He had an E and H
... I'm trying to find the E. It's my last link to him.

Maybe ... just maybe I'll get lucky and find that someone who loves that
car, today, as much as he did and as much as I still do? Time will tell.

Russ