wiper problems

Mike, Although I can't say what's wrong with her wipers, I can tell you that most wiper systems are wired 'hot'. The wiper switch provides the necessary ground to complete the circuit. The wiper motor is insulated from the firewall, usually through rubber grommets where the bolts hold the motor on. Only the 'park' or 'off' portion of the wiper sweep needs grounded to work or ungrounded to shut off. Maybe one of the insulator have worn through providing a complete circuit. Possibly water is getting into your wiper motor and grounding the 'park' position. I wouldn't be surprised to find they stop good on dry glass. Good luck, John Peabody Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com